Summer Student Positions Open Now – May to August 2013�
We have three positions open for students who are at college,
and are returning to college this fall.
Students will assist us in the delivery of our Conservation and Education programs. A variety of duties will give you an excellent understanding of the daily requirement of operating these programs.
Please contact us today:
Malcolm Weatherston, Director, General Manager.
Mountain View Conservation and Breeding Centre Society
or emaio your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have the following 2 positions now open:
Education Programs – Assistants
BC Job Creation Program Positions (2) Apply Today
The following positions are for a six month contract period.
Applicants should be receiving UI Benefits and be residents of BC.
Join our Guided Educational Tours & Outreach Program Team
We are presently seeking 2 educators to assist in the development & delivery of our curriculum-based education programs to B.C. School classrooms, at Mountain View, and in supporting distance education and the delivery of online media. Our Educational Programming is offered year round to schools and community groups, with guided educational tours at Mountain View booked from early May to late October.
You will be based/working out of the Education Centre at Mountain View.
This is a great opportunity for those persons seeking to re-enter the workplace and interested in gaining practical experience working in the B.C. nonprofit sector.
- Help deliver our outreach program “Our Connections to Nature” to B.C. school students, Grades K-7, and diverse community groups.
- Participate in the continuing development of our educational programming.
- Help with scheduling and administration.
- Operate and maintain our Outreach Mobile and Promotion Unit.
- Other duties as needed for the program.
- BC driver’s license, and police record check are required.
- Experience in education of student and community groups, including K-12.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in biology/science/environmental studies is helpful.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, team-worker and communication skills.
- Willingness to perform active work duties indoors & outdoors, rain or shine.
- Experience in indoor & outdoor education or nature interpretation.
- Proficiency with modern media, word-processing, database entry and email.
- A positive attitude, and some experience in speaking to the public.
Send in your resume and covering letter ASAP to:-
Malcolm Weatherston – Director, General Manager
Mountain View Conservation & Breeding Centre Society
23898 Rawlison Crescent
Langley B.C. V1M 3R6
Please Note: Only Qualified applicants will be contacted.
Become an Intern (Click here):
- Gain practical experience that can help you in your chosen career.
Become a Volunteer:
- help us with all kinds of interesting work at our conservation center.
- Join our Co-op Program, a great experience for high school students.
(You must be over 16 years old)
Join our Conservation Club:
email us at email@example.com and you will receive our regular newsletter and invitations to our special events.
It wouldn’t be possible for Mountain View Conservation to continue its programs without your donations! Please continue to support this extremely important work. You can help now! just Click the Canada Helps logo and donate securely online.